Monday, December 26

Moving.....

When i was younger , moving was something that always made me happy .. for me as much as it was about leaving old friends, it was also about making new discoveries, it was about adapting to new situations and it was all about learning.

As days pass, my time in my home is coming to and end, by mid january we would already be moving out of here, but this time around I am not happy at all, in fact as days past I cry myself to sleep because I have collected 1o years worth of memories from this place i call home. Sure I'll be going to a place that has often been home to me (grandma's place) but thats not where i belong, i belong with my parents in my own home.

I remember the time we got the keys to this house , I was 14 then .... I remember that warm sunny evening that we washed the house , i remember that i convinently forgot to remind my parents i had tution that day , I remember playing in the water .. (yes i am still a kid in every sense ;P ) I remember the Sukhmani Sahib prayers we had the next day with family and very close friends. I remember having my favourite friends over during our muzium trip; Adeline, Eliza, Priscillia they used to hang out here often during school days.. I remember the House Warming party we had , and our first diwali party ..... I remember getting most of my results here ........

Over the last 10 years , every bit of memory makes me shed a tear ...... everytime i take a look around my room which was my only get away place when things went rough ..... i see stickers that i have on the wall , posters on my wardrobe , Motivational Notes pasted everywhere with things like "SPM 7 A'S " " PMR 7 A'S" not like i got those A's hehehe but they're jst part of me ......

I never thought or knew that it would be so hard to leave this place i call home .......but then i suppose life is about moving on ..... and looking for better oppurtunities ..... and me ? I'm hoping to give my parents back a home soon .......... its the first thing on my list after I graduate , and if i get the Astro Scolarship it'll be a reality in no time .......

No comments: